1. The Colossus of Maroussi by Henry Miller (paperback) …because I like the author.
2. The Air-Conditioned Nightmare by Henry Miller (paperback)
3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (trade paperback)….one that I’ve heard a lot of hoopla over.
4. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson (pennguin edition..seems that it would have been cheap for kindle but could not find a free or kindle edition last time I looked)
5. On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan (trade paperback)
6. Saturday by Ian McEwan (trade paperback)
7. Amsterdam by Ian McEwan (trade paperback) —yep, I really lucked out finding all of these Ian McEwan novels….I’d searched for him at other sales and never found a single book. This time I found three…plus Atonement but I already have a copy of that one …i think I paid full price for it. This book won the Booker Prize.
8. Whose Names are Unknown by Sanora Babb (paperback)…never heard of it but sounds good.
9. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros (paperback)…because Dr. Waxman loved this book and I had it on a “to get” list for years.
10. The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty (paperback)…love her.
11. Life of Pi by Yann Martel (trade paperback)….I’ve seen this one at a million sales so finally I caved and got it.
12. The Prestige by Christopher Priest (trade paperback)…was very excited to get a copy of this one.
13. Wicked by Gregory Maguire (paperback)….because I’ve heard about it for the longest time and finally just grabbed it.
14. Watson’s Apology by Beryl Bainbridge (trade paperback)….never heard of the writer or the book…but the blurb said “haunting…Recalls Hitchcock as well as Kafka.”….so…that sounds pretty cool.
15. Fortune’s Rocks by Anita Shreve (trade paperback)….by the author of The Pilot’s wife….i’ve heard of that book but not this one…I’ve never read any of her novels…
16. The Wapshot Chronicle by John Cheever (paperback)
17. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (trade paperback)….ok…before you start laughing…I got this one because my niece loves Twilight and I have been wanting to read a bit of it to see what all the fuss is about…so for 2 bucks I thought I’d give it a try….what? I over paid? geez.
18. Exhibition book on Andrew Wyeth….because I absolutely LOVE his paintings. The first one I saw was Christina’s World. I was so haunted by that painting…Olson Farm is my favorite but I am just so attached to all of his work.
19. Gauguin by Belinda Thomson (paperback) ….another artist I love.
20. Henri de Toulouse- Lautrec (hardback)….and yet another artist I love.